Cupcake Love

Cupcake Love
Dark Chocolate Stuffed W/ Peanutbutter Cup W/ Peanutbutter Frosting

Sunday, August 15, 2010

First Blog!

So this is my first blog ever! I am very new to this, and hopefully will learn as time goes on, on how to make it more original, and get creative with it!

I want to share, what I am learning, and testing out for baking cakes, cupcakes, and decorating them! I am self taught, just playing around with recipes, and techniques.

(I also do jewelry, so expect to see some of that stuff here as well :D )

So as of this past week I have made my first few dozens of cupcakes from scratch EVER! No box! And I am very happy with how they came out!

First: I made full size cupcakes of dark chocolate, with a mini Reese's peanut butter cup stiffed in the middle, then topped with peanut butter frosting, then garnished with another mini PB cup on top! And they came out VERY good! My husband couldn't get over how yummy they were!


What I learned from that recipe...don't over fill the papers! haha they came out a little huge!

Second: I made a bunch of mini red velvets! I have never had red velvet cake before, so I was a little worried, but oh my! so yummy! then I made a cream cheese frosting (which my mom couldn't keep herself from eating it out of the bowl!) My fav cupcake YET!


Third: Mini Dark chocolates topped with a vanilla frosting, and rainbow sprinkles! I loved the dark chocolate!


Now the hard part about doing all this is, that I have a VERY small kitchen! With hardly any counter space! So I am trying to come up with ways to organize, and make room!

And another...I have a 3 (almost 4) year old, and a 2 month old!...Enough said! haha

So I am going to make a hard effort to keep this up, and share what I am learning, and where I am succeeding!

No comments:

Post a Comment