Cupcake Love

Cupcake Love
Dark Chocolate Stuffed W/ Peanutbutter Cup W/ Peanutbutter Frosting

Monday, August 16, 2010

Coffee Cupcakes

I am a huge coffee buff. U usually just make it at home, have a few cups a day, but love to try different creamers. But I also love it when I can get the chance get a caramel mochiatto or a soy vanilla latte from Starbucks, but lets face it the economy still kinda sucks, and the price of just a "grande" is no small feat.

So why not mix my 2 fave things?! coffee, and cupcakes! Are you with me?!

I have found a few good base recipes online, and they sound pretty good. And you use instant coffee or espresso. (which I would need to go to the store for, because I just have regular Folgers ground coffee)

But I was even thinking about adding different flavors into a coffee infused icing. Like vanilla (OH even try and find the vanilla powder that Starbucks has, that you can sprinkle onto your coffee, you've seen it, in the silver shakers, they also have Cinnamon, and cocoa I believe!) And I cuoldd also do something with caramel with the frosting, maybe not a full a caramel frosting may be to much, but added into the coffee icing, or drizzled on top.

IDEA! Latte cupcakes!!!!

I must run with this idea!

More later!

Mini Coffee cupcakes with chocolate coffee frosting:

No comments:

Post a Comment